Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) has been proven to improve outcomes for patients in alcohol and drug treatment. A number of different medications are currently available to assist individuals with their withdrawal and recovery from alcohol and drug use. Some of the medications available include:
- Acamprosate (Campral) – for alcohol dependence
- ReVia (naltrexone) – for alcohol and opioid dependence
- Vivitrol (naltrexone – Long-Acting Injection) – for alcohol dependence
- Suboxone and Subutex (buprenorphine) – for opioid dependence
- Methadone – for opioid dependence
Medication Assisted Treatment is offered through the CLARE|MATRIX Opioid Treatment Program.