California recently adopted and began funding a new, statewide, integrated health system for opioid use disorder treatment. It aims to exponentially expand the availability of Medication Assisted Treatment throughout the state, via coordinated partnerships between specialized opioid treatment programs and local community treatment providers.
The system is organized as a network of medical and behavioral health service providers, centered around a core of regional “Hubs” that are licensed, federally regulated, opioid treatment programs (OTPs).
The CLARE|MATRIX Opioid Treatment Program, located in mid-city, has been designated as one of two Hubs for the Los Angeles area. Services currently offered by the clinic include MAT medications; individual and group counseling; case management; urine drug testing; HIV, Hepatitis and STI testing, education and referral services; and other ancillary activities.
The Los Angeles Hub, CLARE|MATRIX Opioid Treatment Program:
- Specializes in the treatment of opioid use disorder
- Delivers high-intensity Medication Assisted Treatment
- Provides methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone medications
- Handles complex, acute cases
- Provides consultation, training, information, and referrals
- All staff are specialists in addiction treatment
Los Angeles Area Spokes:
- Provide clinical services using a Medication Assisted Treatment team (e.g., a nurse and behavioral health specialist)
- Deliver ongoing Medication Assisted Treatment
- Are located within local communities in the Los Angeles area
As two long-standing partners in saving lives through recovery, CLARE Foundation and Matrix Institute of Addictions merged in 2018 to form CLARE|MATRIX, bringing over 85 combined years of successful experience in providing compassionate and evidence-based treatment, education, research and training services for substance use disorders and behavioral health issues to people and the community. Over the years CLARE|MATRIX has helped over 200,000 people begin living a life in recovery.
Get The Help You Need
If you think you may be struggling with a substance use disorder, talk with your healthcare provider, call CLARE|MATRIX at 866.452.5273 or contact any of our Spokes.